Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Welcome Partners and Spouses of Sex Addicts



Welcome to my site. This is a site dedicated to my ramblings, rants and musings about living with my husband who is a sex addict. I made my first discovery of his sex addiction about a year ago, and like any other partner of a sex addict, I was shattered. Somehow, I slowly managed to get on with life after discovery and we are still married, living together in the same house. 

Since discovery, I have sought out all sorts of help for my situation, from professional therapy, to 12-step groups, to books, to advice from strangers online. I'm not a therapist, nor do I pretend to be, but one thing I've learned in the last year is that help comes in many different forms. The right kernel of advice or wisdom from a stranger on a forum can sometimes be just as thought-provoking and healing as a 50-minute therapy session. 

As my first official blog post, let me briefly explain my intentions for this site and future blog posts. I have been through Hell and am trying to find my way back, just like you may be trying to do right now, too. Throughout this journey, I've learned some pretty incredible lessons that have changed my outlook on many different aspects of my life. Immediately after discovery, when I was scouring the internet for help, I came across blogs written by other partners of sex addicts that both helped me and triggered me. By "triggered," I mean some of the blogs I read were written in such an angry vein that they brought up painful remembrances of confessions that my husband had made about his betrayals. I was already angry and hurt, so for me, reading posts that kept me mired in that anger and pain was not helpful. While I plan to always remain as real and candid as I possibly can in my posts, I don't want to trigger any additional pain for any of you.  Don't get me wrong, I won't censor anything, and if I need to get a point across that involves an explicit description or disturbing thought, I will probably go for it. But for the most part, I want to share things I've learned and continue to do so as I continue learning and healing. 

This site is for us, partners and spouses of sex addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment